[rescue] SS5 drive bus in an SS4 cabinet.... drive id's?????

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 29 14:52:27 CDT 2001

In the never-ending story to maximize my lowely SS4 crate, I stuck in the
bits (e.g., drive cabling and bus board) from an SS5 junker a friend had,
and now can set up 3 drives internally in the SS4.  But, a small problem
seems to be occurring due to the self-ID habit of the beast, e.g., the
side bus drives seem to be ID 3 and ID 0, and the motherboard drive bus
seems to be ID 3 also.  Is there any bit of surgical hocus-pocus that
might be done on the SS5 drive bus board to re-ID the 3 position to say
ID 2?  Any insights are appreciated.

Just some wishful thinking.....

Thanks

Bob