[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 27 18:51:53 CDT 2001

Paul Sladen wrote:
>On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Zach Malone wrote:
>
>> Sure, we can support tons of people in the short run, but in the long
>> run, we end up making that area unusable for food production.
>
>The same applies to the US attitude towards Fossil Fuels;  only having it
>the short term is wrecking the rest of the world in the process.

This will be my last post on this thread/subject, I guess.

Quite frankly, this is absolute bull-s$%t.

The worldwide known reserves of oil have actually -increased- over the last
__ years.  "Short term" at this point is something like 50 years' worth of
consumption at current rates, and that is assuming no new finds of oil.

The price of oil would plummet if it weren't for the shakedown artists at
OPEC who fix prices.

The rest of your post is also high-grade fertilizer.  One example:  the FDA.

Suggestion:  read books or articles by Thomas Sowell or Julian Simon.

PS:  Paul Ehrlich is an effete limp-wristed sumbitch.

Cordially
--
Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net