[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 27 09:24:52 CDT 2001

> >   Do the math.  At this rate of population growth, we are going to have
> > some BIG PROBLEMS in a few decades.  That scares me.  The only vested
> > interest *I* have in saying this is the fact that I want a planet to
> > live on, and I'd prefer it be THIS ONE.
>
> If we can fit litterally 2.5 billion people into China and India alone, I
> don't see the problems for the rest of the planet.  What kind of Big
> Problems do you see?  Places to store people?  There's plenty of space.
> Feeding them all?

Ever been curious why people are _Starving_To_Death_ in some areas of the
world?
Could it be... because those populations have hit the limit of what the
Earth will support in those regions?
Could it be... Equilibrium?
Could it be... Nature's way of correcting the Overpopulation Problem?
We see it in natural populations all the time, Lemmings run off cliffs into
the sea... (okay, so they really don't), the Wild Hare population in Alaska
plummets from starvation over and over in 11-12 year cycles because they
overgrow their food supply, and the Red Fox populations follow them about 6
months behind...
It's natural.  Where we are screwing up is by sending food to these
people...

Awww, look at the poor starving Child, Honey, let's send food and money so
that that child can grow up and have 7-10 more children who will starve to
death.