[rescue] web weigh-in? Re: Re: geek vehicles

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 27 07:18:54 CDT 2001

6'7" here, I drive a Land Rover Discovery - a *very* comfortable ride for a
tall fellow (or lady)...

When I went car shopping for my first *new* car, it was at a joint
Nissan/BMW dealership (same building) - as the salesman was writing me up
for my new Nissan 240SX (which I *did* fit in), I went around looking at the
BMWs.

I didn't fit in any of them - not one.

Not even the 700 series model.

When the salesman came back after getting my deal approved, I asked him
about all the athletes that are tall and drive cars like the BMWs... He said
that they have, on occasion, either pushed the seat mounts back or dropped
the seats lower to accomodate such owners.

So, that leaves me with:

    Land Rover Discovery - Good tall person car.

    Nissan 240SX - kinda snug (but cool!) tall person car.

    Any recent BMW - bad tall person car.

HTH,

Ken