[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

linc rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 27 06:59:48 CDT 2001

>   Let's see.  I'm going to burn in hell because I like german sports
> cars, I'm going to burn in hell because I listen to rock music, I'm
> going to burn in hell because I banged my first girlfriend using birth
> control when we were 17 and unmarried, and I'm going to burn in hell
> because I like making and spending money.

You know Dave, this stuff is *really* funny :-)
I happen to know *several* pastors who will tell you this same crap.
<preaching>
Of course, you all should know that the *only* thing that sends you to
hell is refusing to accept Jesus as your personal savior.
</preaching>

>   Again, no offense is intended to any listmembers of any religious
> bent.  ANYTHING can be abused and taken to extremes...what I'm
> describing (and complaining about) is a case of abuse and extremism.
>
>      -Dave

Like I said Dave, I know (personally) quite a few pastors that will agree
with what you said 100%.  Dang scary if you ask me!  Also, I am confident
that that is the kind of bologna that gives Christians a really bad
name.  You've met me before and I bet you'd be hard pressed to say I have
a "holier than though" stick up my butt right? :-)
-Linc.

--
  7:54am  up 14 days,  1:18,  5 users,  load average: 1.89, 1.94, 1.86