[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 27 00:05:55 CDT 2001

On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 09:17:56PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   After all, sex is BAAAAAD.  For that matter, anything that's even
> remotely enjoyable is BAAAAAD.  Unless it's for reproduction, because
> overpopulation is GOOOOOD.  OH, by the way, give all of your money to
> the church.

First, I've heard some interesting arguments for us being a long way from
over population.  I haven't had the time to verify them though.  However,
the people who argue either way on the topic usually have a vested
interest in people agreeing with them for power/monitary reasons.

Also, to my understanding (since this is often cited as evidence of over
population) in most areas that have people starving, the people are
starving because someone has a reason to want them dead or looking like
they are about to die.  For instance, people say that the US sanctions are
starving the Iraqies, but a recent NPR story was interviewing northern
Iraqies who have an over abundance of food.

Anyway, sex bad, fun things bad, breeding good, all depend on the
church, and the definition of fun things.  Churchs that are actually
growing usually have different things to say, since people just don't like
being told that the most enjoyable things are evil.

--
Joshua D. Boyd