[rescue] Re: web weigh-in? Re: Re: geek vehicles

Michael S. Schiller rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 22:51:17 CDT 2001

Yup, a 690 case is a nice 19" rack. In fact, that's all mine is anymore. I've
taken out the vme cards (and cardcage) and placed them into a 670 case I have
here. Now the 690 case is going to be rack space for goodies I get for the SC2000.
One of these days I'm going to get up the energy to clean out the room where
I want to move all the 'big iron' and reclaim my dining room as such.

-Mike

Robert Novak wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Aug 2001, Michael S. Schiller wrote:
>
> > > Not meaning to be rude or obnoxious, but maybe we should have a web-based
> > > weigh-in for rescue list members. This topic has come up what, three times
> >
> > Check out my webpage www.agrijag.com it's got a pic of me standing next to my
> > SC2000 & SS690 :)
>
> Heh, that's cool. Makes me want to take the van over to Weirdstuff and
> pick up their 600MP cabinets for when I do get space and power for one.
> Wonder if anybody around here rents trucks with the lift backs. :)
>
> Silly question, but what's the mounting width in those? 19" standard?
> Could I hide a rack full of T1s in one? :) Garsh I feel lame not knowing
> this.
>
> Rob
>
> Robert Novak, Indyramp Consulting * rnovak at indyramp.com * indyramp.com/~rnovak
>         "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
>            Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows

-Mike
*PGP fingerprint= D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74 *
*Email: schiller at agrijag.com       \|||/    http://www.agrijag.com *
*Voice: 423-625-6349               (o o)    FAX: 423-623-9054      *