Post-apocalyptic geeks (was: [rescue] Re: Re: Quick EXB-210 questions)

Paul Sladen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 20:16:15 CDT 2001

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001, G W Adkins wrote:

> -On the Rebuilding of Technology, New Planet Press, (c) 2442 AD
>
> Laurel, MD,
> Known to the world as the re-birthplace of Computing technology, the lucky
> find of a stash of supercomputers located in an abandoned residence was the
> electronic find that brought us back from the brink of a dark age.  The
> broad spectrum of technology, from TTL based systems to advanced Vector
> Processing Supercomputers formed a functional roadmap for scientists and
> engineers to re-invent the Computer Technology of the Pre-Disaster era.  Two
> outstanding questions remain unanswered.  First, who were the 16 persons
> who's remains were found by archaeologists at the site, and why the hell was
> all that equipment stored in a residential location?  We may never know...

CONTINUED

Archaeologists are further puzzled after they discovered a large satellite
uplink array 1/4 mile away from the original site;  and speculations have
been made as to whether this was left by visiting aliens as a means to
communicate back to their home planet.  The satellite farm has been recorded
slowerly broadcasting the entire contents of the former International
Computer Network to a unidentifible location in Deep Space.

ENDS