Post-apocalyptic geeks (was: [rescue] Re: Re: Quick EXB-210 questions)

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 19:27:23 CDT 2001

> > > Well if it were my own data it would be lists of places where other
> > > secret stashes of materials, consumables, and tradable items are
> > > located, and their contents at last inventory, etc.!  ;-)
> >
> > blueprints on how to build PDPs and locations of electronics
stashpoints.

> And a mapquest printout on how to get to Laurel, MD from your present
> location... ;^)
>
> To paraphrase " He who *survives* with the most toys wins!"...

-On the Rebuilding of Technology, New Planet Press, (c) 2442 AD

Laurel, MD,
Known to the world as the re-birthplace of Computing technology, the lucky
find of a stash of supercomputers located in an abandoned residence was the
electronic find that brought us back from the brink of a dark age.  The
broad spectrum of technology, from TTL based systems to advanced Vector
Processing Supercomputers formed a functional roadmap for scientists and
engineers to re-invent the Computer Technology of the Pre-Disaster era.  Two
outstanding questions remain unanswered.  First, who were the 16 persons
who's remains were found by archaeologists at the site, and why the hell was
all that equipment stored in a residential location?  We may never know...