[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 26 16:03:37 CDT 2001

> >  The Engine and drivetrain were designed for
> > the car.
>
> Thats not what the car dealers I've talked to say; its the same engine.

Totally false.  The engine in the PT Cruiser had to be engineered
specifically to fit in that engine bay.  It is a 2.4 liter engine - the Neon
is only 2.0 liters.  The PT cruiser engnine is much more stout - so much so
that Neon owners are trying to score them to try and retrofit into their
vehicles.  The Jeep Liberty uses the same engine inthe base model with
identical HP/Torque figures.

The 5speed gearbox is new for the PT Cruiser.  It is capable of handling
loads of torque.  Again, neon owners are trying to score them to try and
adapt them to Neons.

The engine is similar - it is an inline-4 after all.  But defenitly not the
same.

Kurt