[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 25 23:49:16 CDT 2001

On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 12:27:51AM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> > More realistically, my next car (assuming the current one lasts for 2
> > years or so) will either be a passat or an Audi of some sort (S4 maybe).
>
> friend of mine has an S4.  spent a couple grand tweaking it.  sick car.  i'd
> consider getting one.  although i'm into older sports cars (80s or earlier).

Tweaking has some appeal, but when it comes down to it, I just don't enjoy
working on cars, so I probably wouldn't.  Maybe if I bought an old simple
car for project purposes, maybe an MG...

Anyway, the main reason for going between a Passat or an Audi is because I
definately don't think I really want a Golf or Jetta (too much of a kid
image, not to mention rice boy if any mods were to be done), but I do want
to stay with those two brands since I have a really great (honest, cheap,
skilled) mechanic, and he will only work on those two brands.

I wonder if I could talk him into working on Bugattis.  They are VW's now,
afterall.

--
Joshua D. Boyd