[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

Dunbar, Brian rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 24 16:31:59 CDT 2001

>>-----Original Message-----
From: ed at the7thbeer.com [mailto:ed at the7thbeer.com]

Not sure if they have NBC gear on them.  Most that I have seen are open
cab and not well designed for NBC threats.

> > Hey, wait.  Would an M35A2 6x6 beat a Unimog?  Cause I've got a bid in
on
> > one with a GSA auction. *crossesfingers* ;)
>
> Are those the amphibious ones with the NBC switch for the air system? If
> so, I came -><- *this* close to bidding on one at a DRMO auction once.
> I still miss my 1972 Cadillac Sedan de Ville.<<

If memory serves, the M35s had a fording kit - exhaust pipe extenstions plus
other goodies, - able to ford water up to about here <gestures at neck> but
they can't swim.

I vagually recall that there was a mount for an overpressure device - sucked
air in (through a filter, I hope) and kept the bad stuff out.  I *know*
there was such a critter for the GMC pickup trucks that I drove in the
Marines, and you could scarecely call the cabs on a GMC well sealed . . .

BrianD