[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 24 14:02:53 CDT 2001

James Lockwood <james at foonly.com> wrote:
> International 1160 (cross between an 1110 and a 1210) truck with a lumber
> rack.  I've had 2 tons of cargo in the bed and aside from some increased
> brake pedal effort, the truck rode better than when empty.

Of course.  Trucks are designed for carrying a load - not that you'd think
so from the way most people drive them - and so the suspension and chassis
and everything are designed to perform better like that.  My Landrover
was somewhat skittish when empty, and the back end was a bit
temperamental at speed.  It behaved itself a lot better when I put a few
hundred pounds of ballast over the back axle.

   Educating this luser would be something to frustrate even the
   unflappable Yoda and make him jam a lightsaber up his arse
   while screaming "praise evil, the Dark Side is your friend!".
                              -- Derek Balling, in the Monastery