[rescue] Re: geek vehicles

Fogg, James rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 24 10:43:18 CDT 2001

> What does that do to the suspension on those things?  I put a
> nearly full
> load of books into a caravan (well, still with room for 3
> passengers), and
> the thing was seriously sagging.

Yeah, but books have no air.

Things with air in them weigh a lot less. Those books probably weighed more
than you think. Infact, by the cubic foot, paper weighs more than wood
(because wood has more air and than paper fiber). For the cubic space
occupied by those books you probably could have hauled 2 or 3 times as much
wood (thus filling your minivan completely with wood?).