[rescue] What to do with a 630mp?

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 23 15:03:13 CDT 2001

> I think you mentioned running OpenBSD.  I know it does not support multiple
> CPUs, but I am unaware as to whether or not it will recognize multiple chips
> on boot up.  Could you have a 4x40mhz system there?

Not sure.  I will have to recheck the part number on the cpu tonight.
I was just happy it booted and ran the stock current OBSD off my archive
machine.  Since it did, I figure I need to try to run up something on that
cpu.

For the sake of discussion, which versions of SunOS/Solaris do run on
the 630MP cpu?  I have 4.1.1U1, 4.1.3, and Solaris 2.4 in my disk
collection.  I was hoping 4.1.3 would do, but I am not sure that is
late enough to work.  I am expecting the Solaris 2.4 should.

Bob