[rescue] hrm.

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 23 08:35:39 CDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 10:11:33PM -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> On Wed, 2001-08-22 at 19:31, joshua d boyd wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 03:24:16AM +0100, Paul Sladen wrote:
> > > Sorry, Josh, could repeat or otherwise rephrase the question, the
> > > mental-image of having Alan as a girlfriend is quite off-putting.
> > > He's a big guy you know;  Of course, it could just be 3am, and my brain.
> >
> > OK.  Pick one.
> >
> > Asia Carrara: Computer geek, always wrapped up in her machines and
> > projects, never gonna switch from Microsoft, and won't understand Crays.
>
> <sheepish grin> Should I know who this person is?

She is a famous, uh, Quake3 and UT player.  Yeah, that's it.

OK, so she is a porn starlet.  However, as far as I can tell, the entirety
of her fame comes from being a gamer as well.  But maybe thats just
because I don't know a single thing about the porn industry.

> > Telsa Gwynn: Non-computer, but still a touch geeky.  Tons of
> > books.  Doesn't understand crays, but understands that you love them and
> > that they mean a lot to you.  Will use whatever computer is placed in
> > front of her if you explain it.
>
> She's far more "computer" than you might think.  She maintains the GNOME
> users FAQ, and we've been working on a GNOME developers FAQ (which I
> suspect will never get finished).  Perhaps she doesn't code, but she
> certainly knows her way around computers.  Not to mention that she has
> to clean up after one of the worlds most incompetent systems admins

Yeah, I know she is taken.  I was trying to make a point, but people keep
ruining it with excessive facts.  Sigh.  Nothing like the truth to ruin a
good point.

--
Joshua D. Boyd