[rescue] hrm.

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 23:19:30 CDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 09:46:13PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 10:31:13PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> > Asia Carrara: Computer geek, always wrapped up in her machines and
> > projects, never gonna switch from Microsoft, and won't understand Crays.
>
> You forgot "porn star". ugh.  Sure, she's friendly and sends naughty
> pics to all the PC web site guys (hardocp, etc) but I wouldnt want her
> as a girlfriend/wife (that is, if I was single and had a chance, etc).

I was wondering who the first person to point that out would be.  Is it
just me, or is she much better looking without makeup?  Anyway, I wouldn't
want to be with her.  I don't even care to look at her.  But the whole
porn star/soft core geek think is kinda intriguing.

> > Telsa Gwynn: Non-computer, but still a touch geeky.  Tons of
> > books.  Doesn't understand crays, but understands that you love them and
> > that they mean a lot to you.  Will use whatever computer is placed in
> > front of her if you explain it.
>
> Thats how Amy started out, and shes way ahead of that now.  I'd much prefer
> Amy.  Few years ago, I came home, and her desktop was completely different.
> "Oh, I decided Windows sucked, I got tired of it, so I got your BeOS CD
> and installed it..."

Interesting...  That would explain the desire for a BeBox.  Get a hobbit
one if you can.  Oh sure, even less software available for it than a
regular one, and sure, it looks like a normal PC, but think of the bonus
geek points.  Alright, just get the regular one if you must.

> Later, she did the same thing with Linux, and I'm about to set her up with
> a SGI Indigo2 as well.  Very clued lady, I'm lucky to have her. 8-)

Which I^2 did you people settle on?  An extreme?  Max impact?  Which CPU
also?

--
Joshua D. Boyd