[rescue] Netra 1100/1400 => 1105/1405?

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 20:05:11 CDT 2001

On August 22, James Lockwood wrote:
> The feedback lines are labeled "sense +/-", which leads me to believe that
> they differentially signal the delta between the current voltage and the
> "ideal" voltage and should read 0V across them when it's spot on (at which
> point the CPU's get powered).  If this is the case then it should be easy
> enough to rig something, though I wouldn't bet a U60 motherboard on it!

  I would suspect, if they're labeled "sense", that they'd be the remote
sensing leads for the power supply...so that regulation isn't affected
by the I^2R drop on the way to the CPU.  Most "pprogrammable" voltage
regulators for multivolatege CPU cores use binary voltage selection
mechanism using from two to six bits.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire