[rescue] hrm.

Simeon Johnston rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 14:14:20 CDT 2001

> >> on the one machine in the basement.  Now if I could only help her
> >> communicate properly...
>
> BH> can you use the computers to assist her?
>
> Working on it.  Unfortunately I have to find a job first.  Going to
> build/buy her a computer eventually.  Her first one will probably be a
> Mac but I'm still debating on that.  As for the software to help her -
> it's priced towards educational institutions.  ("Would you like
> something to help you choke that receipt down sir?")  I'm going to
> take time here and refresh my C skills and maybe I can come up with
> something for her.  However - that's a long-term goal at this point.

I'm trying to work something out for my sis' too.  We use a Mac and it's
awesome IMO.

It's also relatively easy to program the things.  Some nice freeware
programs out there for that too.
I will probably be using something like iShell to program it.  It is a
very nice tool and is free for the most part (especially for personal use).

I created a separate user for her w/ OS 9 and limited her to the
programs she can use.  Works really well.  She even logs out of the
other user and logs in as herself when she wants to use it.
:)

I'm just learning to program though. :(

sim