[rescue] hrm.

Rebecca Ore rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 14:05:56 CDT 2001

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, joshua d boyd wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 01:01:17PM -0400, Rebecca Ore wrote:
> > Publishing industry various jobs, graduate school, reporter, writing
> > science fiction which I sold but didn't make enough money on to live
> > on, even with a free house.
>
> Where can we find the alleged SciFi?

Ore, Rebecca -- the usual on-line places or get your local bookstore
to order _Gaia's Toys_ and _Outlaw School_.

> > Biggest hurdle for women, I think, is believing that they can do the
> > work.
>
> You know, at my school, I know more women who seem like they will be
> competent coders then I do men, and this is in a department that is only
> 18% female (at a school that is 60%-70% female if my memory doesn't fail
> me).

What has happened there, I think, is that only women with a real drive
to take the courses will be in the comp or engineering classes; a
number of guys major in things because they want to major in something
practical, not because they have an innate love of the field.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net