[rescue] hrm.

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 13:25:07 CDT 2001

RO> Publishing industry various jobs, graduate school, reporter, writing
RO> science fiction which I sold but didn't make enough money on to live
RO> on, even with a free house.

You need to write more. *grin*
Hey!  Does this mean we can DDOS your e-mail server with writing
questions? *ducks flying anvils*

RO> Had wanted to get into computers at the maintenance level earlier but
RO> was told I couldn't unless I had military training by some person at
RO> IBM in something like the mid-80s.  Had been too intimidated by the
RO> idea that all this required math skills when I was in my 20s.

I laugh at this because I had serious, still have serious problems,
with math.  It doesn't sit well with me for some reason or I have not
found the right way to teach myself it.  I really have never had to
use all that much math in my admin duties - if I did there was always
a calculator.

RO> Biggest hurdle for women, I think, is believing that they can do the
RO> work.

I think that goes for guys as well but not as badly.  I still doubt
some of my abilities.

Mike Hebel                          mailto:drone8of9 at crosswinds.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc