[rescue] hrm.

Rebecca Ore rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 14:02:02 CDT 2001

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Mike Hebel wrote:

> >> Married, one kid (struggling with mild Autism), no pets - yet.
>
> BH> i don't know much about autism, but......
>
> I personally think she'll work through it like I worked through mine
> earlier in life.  I'll do anything short of drugs to help her on that
> score.

One of the regulars in alt.sysadmin.recovery and bofh.* has a variant
of it (Auspergers or something like) and finds geek work really
satisfying.

I understand that a couple of autistics have written books which might
be worth reading but a bit scarey in one case.  One autistic woman is
a Ph.D in anthropology or ethology, I believe.

(I'd take this to geeks but I'm not subscribed and another mailing
list????).

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net