[rescue] hrm.

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 13:26:49 CDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 11:01:28AM -0700, ed at the7thbeer.com wrote:
> Math skills?  What are those?  I'm lucky I can add, subtract, multiply and
> divide in decimal and that I can pull off the occassional OR/XOR/NOR in my
> head if I need to. :D

i'm with you. :)

> > Had wanted to get into computers at the maintenance level earlier but
> > was told I couldn't unless I had military training by some person at
> > IBM in something like the mid-80s.  Had been too intimidated by the
> > idea that all this required math skills when I was in my 20s.

blah, plus there was that women don't know how copmuters work bias back then
as well.  i mean, yeah, there were some good girl geeks back in the old days
(Megan Gentry comes to mind) but they were few and far between.

> > Biggest hurdle for women, I think, is believing that they can do the
> > work.

you girls can.  and more of you need to, i need a girl-geek of my very own! :)

-brian