[rescue] hrm.

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 13:11:26 CDT 2001

On August 22, Rebecca Ore wrote:
> Had been too intimidated by the idea that all this required math
> skills when I was in my 20s.

  Yeah, my high school was convinced that computers == mathematics.
That's the biggest crock of steaming crap I've ever heard.  The idiots
even made the math teachers try to teach computer science, even if
they'd never seen a computer before in their lives.  I had this great
deal going with my computer science (and trig) teacher...I'd teach her
something about Pascal one week, and she'd teach it to the class the
following week.  Morons.

> Biggest hurdle for women, I think, is believing that they can do the
> work.

  Absolutely.  The whole "technical work is for men only" thing is a big
load of floatables.  One of the most talented programmers I know is a
woman.  Yes James, I'm talking about Cris.  Stop drooling. ;)

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Laurel, MD