[rescue] FDDI questions.

Michael S. Schiller rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 06:14:34 CDT 2001

Don't you guys know that either SysV or BSD don't matter,  they're both
obsolete now that Win2k is around. Don't believe me? Just ask Bill Gates,
he'll tell you!  Wow, don't you guys keep up with the times? :)

Gee, I wish I still had my ASR-33 it'd make a cool terminal to hang off
my SC2000 :)

-Mike

Dave McGuire wrote:

> On August 22, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > The switch to SysV (er, rather the co-development of SysVr4) is what
> > saved them and gave them a production quality OS platform.
>
>   Oh Christ.
>
>   Rather than spout uptime figures and compare the stability of, say,
> Solaris 2.3 (which was the first release of Solaris to even get
> noticed, and still not accepted, by the production SunOS4 crowd), I
> will ignore this painfully obvious spew of flame bait trolling.  I
> will give you the opportunity to drop this now...otherwise I will
> proceed to tear your point to shreds.  Nothing personal.
>
>   What I will mention, though, is that Sun had NO part in the
> development of SVR4.  It was new around 1988/1989...before it was even
> an itch in Sun's pants.
>
>            -Dave
>
> --
> Dave McGuire
> Laurel, MD

*PGP fingerprint= D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74 *
*Email: schiller at agrijag.com       \|||/    http://www.agrijag.com *
*Voice: 423-625-6349               (o o)    FAX: 423-623-9054      *