[rescue] So I've got this *dead* SS/10...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 05:31:40 CDT 2001

--0-1446357659-998476300=:28594

James,

I'll try holding stop-n on power up (as suggested by
someone else), and serial console, but what do you
mean by pull the NVRAM and boot up - do you mean power
up without an NVRAM in place?

My 32 Meg = 2x 16 Meg DIMMs, in proper slots (don't
have unit in front of me, but DIMMs were placed
according to SS/10 service/reference manual at
docs.sun.com.

What are JTAG specs?

Thanks,

Ken
--- James Lockwood <james at foonly.com> wrote:
> 9600bps).  If you still get nothing then pull the
> NVRAM and try again.
>
> I assume when you say 32mb you mean 2 16mb SIMMs.
> What slots are they in?
>
> Anyone from Sun got the JTAG checkout specs for the
> SS10 floating around?
> :)

=====
Ken