[rescue] Mounting older filesystems - need some help here

Larry Snyder rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 21 19:07:57 CDT 2001

Hi all --
I have a box that _has_ to run 4.1.4 that lost a disk.  We have a
recent backup of it.  I was lucky enough to find a 4.1.4 cd and
do a label and newfs's on the replacement, but we apparently have a
problem finding the netbackup client for an OS this old.  Is Solaris
capable of mounting a 4.2 filesystem?  I always assumed ufs was a
kind of mishmash of bsd and s51k.  Worst case, we could just restore
to wherever and copy the binaries over to the 4.1.4 box.  Thoughts?
thanx,
-ls-