[rescue] 2 masters degrees, 25+ years experience, and LAID OFF

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 21 08:06:53 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 03:52:23PM +0000, wa2egp at att.net wrote:
> Could be worse.  Security could walk you to the door and
> tell you they will send you your things.  Some companies
> on the east coast do that because they are afraid that
> every employee has a virus/worm that can be activated
> with a certain key sequence.   The education field is no
> better.  Tenure ain't worth poop and they train catberts
> at central office.
> My advice is also be able to do something else just to
> get some money in.  I worked in factory for two years
> between teaching jobs.  Selling lawn chairs at Home
> Depot is better than having no money at all.
> This is the time where I wish I had a company so I could
> hire all of the talent I see here.

Speaking of continueing to work, has anyone ever tried using Via Voice
while driving?  I'm thinking that trucking could be perfect because you
can spend the time coding using voice recognition.  This would kinda limit
you to a linux box (or windows) though.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
http://www.cs.millersville.edu/~jdboyd/

IANAL: I am not a [lama|lawyer|luser|leper].