[rescue] SBus wide SCSI

Chris Powell rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 21 07:44:26 CDT 2001

Hi all,

I've hooked up a 68-pin wide-SCSI drive inside a SPARCstation 10 using
a 68-50 wide-narrow adaptor (looks nasty, but works). What would be
really nice would be to get a wide SCSI card and use the drive wide.
Keeping the drive internal would be even better.

I've found some Performance Technologies SBus wide SCSI cards with an
internal connector (or at least solder pads for one), but alas they
are marked 'differential'. I presume I can't use the drive (a low-voltage
differential) with this interface without producing 'magic blue smoke'?
Anyone know of SBus wide SCSI cards with internal connections?

Thanks.

Chris.