[rescue] Sun386i

Linc Fessenden rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 20 19:39:05 CDT 2001

A friend gave me a really nice Sun386i/150 the other day and it's quite a
nice machine!  I had a difficult time figuring out exactly *how* to
reinstall the operating system on it, but the fresh install of SunOS 4.0.1
went quickly and smoothly.  I have only 1 problem with this machine that
has me completely stumped....
I can't for the life of me get the networking running on it.  The machine
and SunOS detects the ethernet card (ie0) and an ifconfig easilly
configures the interface as it should.  All the leds come on both on my
tranceiver and my hub, my network cable is good, but a ping of anything
besides localhost says the network is down.  Can anyone here help me
out?  What should I look for? What am I missing?

-Linc.