[rescue] FREE STUFF in Austin, TX

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 20 18:56:53 CDT 2001

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> Don't forget to use 802.11b wireless so that you can easily add tunes...if
> you want to get fancy, run a simple LCD screen near the front of the car,
> wired to the system in the back.  For bonus points make it a
> touch-sensitive one.  Then use "gronk" or something similar to control
> things (search on freshmeat.net).

A touchscreen would be possible, but "paddles" mounted on the steering
sheel would make for the nicest install.  I'm short and the truck is big,
reaching over to where the stereo needs to be mounted is a significant
stretch.

802.11b maybe, or just mount an RJ45 jack under a weatherproof cover above
the passenger side gas cap.  :)

-James