[rescue] FREE STUFF in Austin, TX

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 20 18:41:56 CDT 2001

>On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Reagen B . Ward wrote:
>I've been giving some thought to the whole "MP3 player in car" idea
>lately.  I'd like to build something myself as opposed to going off the
>shelf, and may end up going with PC hardware just for cheap storage
>density.  Serial-controlled alphanumeric LCD panels are getting very cheap
>and could be a good way to go for your project as well.

Don't forget to use 802.11b wireless so that you can easily add tunes...if
you want to get fancy, run a simple LCD screen near the front of the car,
wired to the system in the back.  For bonus points make it a
touch-sensitive one.  Then use "gronk" or something similar to control
things (search on freshmeat.net).

./patrick

Cordially
--