[rescue] FREE STUFF in Austin, TX

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 20 17:18:00 CDT 2001

  [yup, still catching up on old email...I couldn't let this one pass
by without comment, you know me...]

On August 12, joshua d boyd wrote:
> > Hell, I think one of the main reasons my last gf cheated on me was because I
> > got to where I was more interested in the computer stuff in her garage than
> > I was in her... Going to your gf's house and talking to her dad and messing
> > with old computers in their garage probably makes for an unhappy gf, LoL..
> > I've also been known to talk about how many computers I could have if I had
> > spent all the money I've spent on dates on computers instead... heh...
>
> Personally, I'd rather someday be married.  Even if it meant giving up
> having a house like McGuires.

#ifdef RANT
  I, too, have a strong desire to get married someday.  But it'll be a
cold day in hell when I marry someone who will be the cause of yet
another "XYZ free for pickup, insensitive nazi wife won't let me
pursue my own interests and I don't have the balls to do anything
about it" message to a mailing list somewhere.

  Now, of course there are two sides to every story...and I'm sure there
are many situations in which a perfectly reasonable spouse has been
taken advantage of by FAR TOO MUCH equipment occupying inappropriate
places within a household, and said something about it.  That's not
what I'm talking about.  Further, I know for a fact that there ARE
reasonable spouses in the world (Bill's wife Amy comes to mind, though
she's a geek herself so I'm not sure she really counts in
this)...so...oppressed hardware hackers, don't lose hope.  Pursuit of
your own interests is only an alimony check away.
#endif

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire