[rescue] 2 masters degrees, 25+ years experience, and LAID OFF

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 17 00:49:07 CDT 2001

>It was bound to happen some day.  The warnings were all over the place.
>Reduced earnings, sales off, and then the company imposed a manditory 5%
>pay cut.  And this happened just after my divorce (February) through which
>I lost half my wealth  I put the remaining cash into a house in which my
>son and I now live.

I got trashed from a job pretty horribly.

Came in one morning and checked my voicemail - had one from my boss,
telling me I was gone.  Pretty classy.

Now I run my own business and quite frankly won't be buying a Porsche in
1:1 scale anytime soon.  I DO have a Ferrari, in 1:40 scale though :-)

My suggestion is to find work at something, just to keep your head above
water (something I didn't do during the lean months and should have).  You
won't feel quite so desperate and the money won't go away quite so quickly.
Plus it will feel "normal" to have something to do.

Then strategize like heck.  You're a smart guy, you'll figure it out.  When
I walked out the last day I felt pretty bad about it.  Now I realize that
the people who let me go got what they deserved - look at RVST's stock
price if you want to know.

Good luck...

Cordially
--