[rescue] 2 masters degrees, 25+ years experience, and LAID OFF

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 17 00:43:30 CDT 2001

nsn> Heh, I'm glad it's not just me.  I'm in the DC area and in almost the
nsn> exact same boat.  Job market has just sucked, not that you could tell it
nsn> by the listings on dice/monster/whatever.
nsn>         Nick

nsn> On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Dan Canaan wrote:

>> No jobs in Seattle for a PC hardware/OS technician.  Been out since the
>> beginning of March with only six or so interviews.  Right now I'm applying
>> for a truck driving job for Ikon copiers.  I still have my commercial
>> driver's license so that is an option if I can find work doing that until
>> the industry recovers.

Now I don't feel so bad anymore - I've been off since April with only
two interviews.

I'm running into a lot of Catberts that want BS and/or MCSE.

Seriously considering taking a non-tech job that gets some sort of
money into the house better than unemployment checks.  Though I'll
have to admit - I'm liking having time at home to finish certain
projects.  Not worth it though if I got no home to live in eventually.

Mike Hebel                          mailto:drone8of9 at crosswinds.net

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.html

http://drone8of9.crosswinds.net/documents/Mike_Hebel_Current_3.doc