Faster sbus scsi options (was Re: [rescue] Lily at Comdisco has more Ultra 30s (Fourty at last count!)

Tugrul Galatali rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 16 23:55:48 CDT 2001

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 james at foonly.com wrote:

> Dual UW SCSI, 40MB/s per channel.  UW is hardly the latest and greatest
> but unless you have several disks per chain it's unlikely to be the
> limiting factor.  If you do have a number of disks I'd recommend going
> with more controllers rather than fewer faster controllers.

	I shoulda asked in the last email, but what options do I have for
faster SCSI in my Tatung U2? I mean, I really don't mind working completely
out of ram, but its probably a bad habit :) 40MB/s is great, 20MB/s is just
too slow.

	Tugrul Galatali *wishing for a cheap Ultra 60 base, which should take
the same CPUs/RAM right?*