[rescue] 2 masters degrees, 25+ years experience, and LAID OFF

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 16 20:09:33 CDT 2001

Thank god I decided to go for my PhD. Most of my friends laughed at me
because I was ignoring lots of offers to come and join them.

Then again in my spare time I used to audit some MBA classes at my
previous university (I plan on owning my own company one day, I am not in
the mood to work 50+ hrs a week in order to make another person richer)
and it really scared me that some of those jackasses were going to be
hired, it made total sense that the economy is in this state.... last I
heard even Bush II is an MBA, right? I kid you not, I consistently got
the highest score in the most tests, even though a) I had not studied at
all in most cases and b) I was not an "official" student... so I started
to get very scared about a year ago from the fact that these people are
going to be in charge!!!! And they have absolutely no clue what they are
doing...

One of my best friends just got the letter from HP, almost 20yrs of
experience.

Engineers of the world unite! The revolution will not be streamed :)