[rescue] Ultra 10

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 16 16:17:42 CDT 2001

"Reagen B. Ward" wrote:

> That's interesting, as I've found that NCR/SymBios/LSI chipsets just plain
> work, period.  Sun, HP, and many others all use them, and I've found

That's great. I've always heard they were good products, and I knew they
were LSI, but I have no real practical experience with them. I've always
had Adaptec handed to me. Even the LVD one I'd like to have been able to
use in the U/10 was free.

It's what I know, so it's what I do.

So, teach me about Symbios cards. I am a sponge ready to absorb.

DO I need to upgrade firmware to the latest and greates before
installing this thing (I picked it up today)?

---sambo