[rescue] Ultra 10

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 15 23:30:02 CDT 2001

Mike Free wrote:

> no problem, these are the basics :)

For you. My undergrad was *mechanical* engineering, not electrical.

> wattage is a direct function of amps x volts, so yes.

So then a higher wattage rated p/s would automatically have higher
amperage ratings? Cool. I'll just grab a 300w p/s tomorrow, and see if I
can get one with one of those extra connectors...

> depends on design, might burn, blow a fuse, pop a resettable breaker, etc.

Not gonna risk it. I'll wait 'till tomorrow and get one I know won't
blow.

> You've got me, I've never actually handled a U10 PS, like I said, what I
> gave was just the universal basics. I'd assume that it would be a switch
> input of some sort, like for a keyswitch or power interrupt or a shutdown
> button contact.

Hmmm, it's three orange wores and three black. That doesn't tell youu
much, though. I can't even tell you what they trace to, as I took the
P/S to my friend's shop for him to attempt repair. Irrelevant at this
point, though, since I'll have a brandy-new one in the morning :)

---sambo