[rescue] Ultra 10

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 15 23:08:36 CDT 2001

Mike Free wrote:

> Amperage specifications are maximums, not requirements....essentially, the

Ah, thankyaverrymuch.

> The only number you should be worried about is the 21A 3.3V output on the
> U10 versus the smaller 15A spec on the PC PS.

OK, so if I can find an ATX P/S with a higher rating, I should be able
to use it? Major coolness. Can I also use one with a higer wattage
rating?

> really requires that much current and exceeds 15A draw, it will damage the
> new power supply.

In what way? Might it burn?

Also, what's that other mobo connector that's missing on my ATX P/S?
I've seen them on peecee mobos, so I assume I can get an ATX P/S with a
plug for it. Is it something important? I can't find it in the specs at
docs.sun.com.

Thanks muchly
,

---sambo