[rescue] Ultra 10

Mike Free rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 15 22:55:44 CDT 2001

Amperage specifications are maximums, not requirements....essentially, the
U10 will allow the motherboard to "draw" 0.3A of -12.0 volts, while the ATX
will allow 0.5A. The motherboard will draw what it requires regardless of
the specification of the power supply, as long as the replacement amperage
spec is higher than the original.

The only number you should be worried about is the 21A 3.3V output on the
U10 versus the smaller 15A spec on the PC PS. If the ultra 10 motherboard
really requires that much current and exceeds 15A draw, it will damage the
new power supply.

Mike Free