[rescue] 501-2646?

Larry Snyder rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 13 17:31:21 CDT 2001

We had some of the BigMacs (be) a few years ago.  I remember having an
interesting time getting them to talk to Catalyst switches without
having duplex mismatches (autonegotiate didn't work worth a damn),
but I thought you could force them to full with ndd or in /etc/system.
Whether you could or not, we ended up hard-coding switch ports and
host ports, and tend to continue the practice with qfe & hme as well
(once burned...).  This was in the days of 2.3, 2.4, 2.5.1, etc.
Memory's a bit scratchy on details.
-ls-