[rescue] BNC (really Coax) evils

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 11 17:31:49 CDT 2001

jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu writes:

>Why the AUI segment?  The last time I set up an AUI segment, it was just
>as a stop gap due to being out of transcievers (it consisted of an
>Onyx and an SS10, connected over the the 10BT segment).  A few weeks later
>it was disassembled.

a. Lack of transceivers.

b. It's funny.

c. What's the difference?

>> And hubs give you blinkenlights. What I really want is a couple
>> of rackmount hubs: one 10BT, one AUI, with ports on the back and lights
>> on the front.

>Oooh, blinking lights.  Everyone must have those (unfortunately mine are
>burried under a pile of other stuff.

We bought a bunch of *piece-of-shit* 8-port hubs at work a few years
ago, and most of that have stopped working, but the ones that don't
work can still listen to the uplink ports, and have nice displays.
I'm going to mount one somewhere just as a net traffic display.

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------
-------- If it wasn't for good luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all. -------