[rescue] IBM RISCSystem/6000 250

Phil Schilling rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 11 04:49:05 CDT 2001

Sync on green monitor is needed and refresh rate is set by the frame buffer,
probably
a GXT-150.  If you need, I have the dip switch settings for the frame
buffer.  My Nec Multisync works on mine. Runs 1280x1024 at 60,67,72 or 77
Hz.

Phil

Shawn Wallbridge wrote:

> Hi, I just picked up a IBM RISCSystem/6000 250 (model 7011 Type 250) from
> the local University. I have found a little info searching Google, but
does
> anyone know anything else about this machine or where I can find some
info?

> It seems to boot up, but my Sun GDM-1962B only shows green lines when I
fire
> it up. Any ideas?
>
> I am pretty sure it is, but is this thing worth the $30CAN that I paid for
> it (it came with a HD15 15" monitor)?

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat
you with experience" (Dilberts Rules of Order)