[rescue] HP 720 (I Think...)

linc rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 10 10:20:29 CDT 2001

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> > 735's are the workstations type machines I think..  The 720/730, etc are
> > server machines (require a different version of HPUX anyway) - at least
> > that's what I *think* I remember :)
>
> All 7xx machines are officially designated as workstations by HP, all 8xx
> machines are servers.

Ahhh, that's right - I was thinking of the 800'ds..  Never mind :)

> you will need a copy of HP-UX 10.2 for the 700 series. HP-UX 11 is not
> supported on that box.
>
> Contact me off list if you need OS.

Or me.

BTW Mike,  Would you or Dave maybe have a bare bones 730 laying
around?  Mine seems to be having troubles and I heard from another list
that it might be the fan or PS..  I *miss* using my 730!

--
 11:17am  up 39 days,  4:50,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00