[rescue] general javastation q

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 9 16:42:32 CDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 02:32:32PM -0700, Ken Hansen wrote:
> Wordprocessors store an inordinate amount of info
> *besides* the text - you are talking on the order of <
> 100 pages, *easy*.

Yes, I know.  I also know that quite a few word files can be fit on a
floppy (well, Word 95 files at least), and AbiWord files tend to be
smaller still.

> Complex pages would take even more space.

At least not much photo embeding (if any) would be happening on such a
box.  Of course, I bet it wouldn't be hard to add USB Compact Flash
support to the hacked CD.  CF seems to be about $1 per meg, which isn't
too bad.

> BTW, the 4 Megs is used to store boot/config info, so
> something less than 4 Meg is available for end-user
> use... They keep bookmarks in that partition/dirve...

Yeah, I saw that in the faqs.  I don't think they really intend for people
to try and actually store data there.

> Try looking for a web page like www.hacked-nic.com or
> something similar - I'd look it up, but i have to pick
> my kid up from daycare...

Have fun.

--
Joshua D. Boyd