[rescue] several second lag...

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 5 14:55:33 CDT 2001

On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 03:55:21PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> OK, so these visa check cards.  Every points that out.  Here is the
> problem.  With a visa check card, when the money is taken out, it is
> gone.

Yes, it is called "spending money".

> It is like someone stealing and forging one of your checks, but
> easier to do.  So, when someone rips you off (happened to friends already
> for really large amounts of cash) it is you that eats the loss, not the
> bank, like with regular credit cards.

Tip: Keep control of your card and dont loan it out, etc.

I've been using a Visa debit/checkcard for 4 years now, and never had
a problem - and ive used it HUNDREDS of times to buy stuff online.
Thats why you only deal with reputable merchants.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net