[rescue] OT: Solaris for Intel

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 5 01:41:54 CDT 2001

On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 06:39:26AM +0000, koyote at koyote.cx wrote:
> Still have a coco3. One guy has managed 65k colors on one....

When i worked at Connectsouth, before I lost all respect for my
manager (I'd known and worked with him at ioNET in '95), we had
fun one day.  He'd mentioned that his first computer was a CoCo,
and he'd always wanted to pick another one up.

I went to Goodwill and got him one for $10.  Brought it to work.

He LOVED it.. As a joke, we put it on a rackmount shelf with the
Sun enterprise servers and NetApps in the NOC.

Unfortunately, we didnt know that there were investors coming through
that day... HIS boss managed to pass it off as a "management console". 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net