[rescue] several second lag...

Mike Free rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 5 01:41:32 CDT 2001

I still have a running 128D too, well.. almost, as the keyboard or
controller has lost a line somewhere (every other key). I have a C128
programming secrets book, and according to it the fast mode is an artifact
of having to dual-clock the machine for CP/M mode, as the 8502 and the Z80
shared a mu-split CPU clock timing signal, which made both of the processors
run effectively at 1Mhz.

feature<=>bug  :)

Mike Free
the 80 column controller worked at 2MHZ though, but you have to program it
to function at all....