[rescue] several second lag...

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Aug 5 01:06:00 CDT 2001

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 04:47:05PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 05:26:27PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> > I didn't build her a windows machine with 64megs.  I built her one with
> > 192.  A 128dimm went bad, and I haven't gotten it replaced yet.
>
> Well then dont complain that its slow, especially if she's got lots of
> tray crap loaded (AIM, RealPlayer, WinAmp agent, etc).

At this point, I'm remebering when I recently scolded for commenting about
40megs not being much, and now I'm being scolded for thinking that 64 megs
is enough.  Which is it?  Is the 40-64 meg range enough for normal work or
not?  I think it should be enough personally I mean, web pages and email
don't take that much memory.

--
Joshua D. Boyd